July 9, 2023

Struggles of the Flesh

For if you live according to the flesh, you will die, 
but if by the Spirit you put to death 
the deeds of the body, you will live.
ROMANS 8 : 13



Father in heaven, Your most Holy Spirit Spirit dwells in me through Jesus Christ Your Son, my Lord and Savior. I give You all the glory and praise all my days!

I do confess that I each day, I still struggle a lot when it comes to the sinful desires of the flesh. Help me O Lord to take hold of the Holy Spirit's gifts to overcome these sinful desires and emerge victorious in this fight that is within. Make me live by the Spirit so that I will not be led astray. Give me the grace, courage, will, and determination to be disciplined as I strive to persevere in winning this fight.

I am not a debtor to the flesh but have the Spirit of Christ. By His Spirit, I put to death the deeds of the body so that I may live in accordance with Your will and purpose. Thank You so much for not looking upon my sins, weaknesses, defects, and failures but on the great and unconditional love that You have for me.

With much love and gratitude, I humbly pray in Jesus Name. Amen.