May 19, 2024

RECEIVE THE GIFT OF THE HOLY SPIRIT

"Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ 
for the forgiveness of your sins; 
and you shall receive the gift of the Holy Spirit."
ACTS 2:38


There are different kinds of spiritual gifts but the same Spirit; there are different forms of service but the same Lord; there are different workings but the same God who produces all of them in everyone (1 Cor. 12:4-6).

To each individual the manifestation of the Spirit is given for some benefit (1 Cor. 12:7). 

As a body is one though it has many parts, and all the parts of the body though many are one body, so also Christ. For in one Spirit we were all baptized into one body, whether Jews or Greeks, slaves or free persons, and we were all given to drink of one Spirit (1 Cor. 12:12-13). 


Father in heaven, Your Spirit had manifested Himself through my life, not for my good alone, but for the benefit of those around me. Thank you so much for the gifts of time, talents and treasures that You constantly provide. 

Today, I humbly ask and pray that You show me the way that I can best serve You. I believe dear Father that not only at the start of being born again but even at the very start of my birth in this world, I have received Your Holy Spirit. The most precious gift that I have ever received, not just something but You Yourself, my God. May your Spirit be always with me in all the works that you have purposed me to undertake.

You live out Your life through me and all through my life, I have You as my almighty God dwelling within me, carrying out Your purposes. This is the very reason why I became unselfish and generous in my lifetime most especially to my family and the people I love and care for. Be praised and glorified O Lord!

With profound gratitude and full of thanksgiving I humbly pray in Jesus Name, Amen.


Holy Spirit, mold me, transform me, use me in Jesus Name. Amen.


Published:
May 28, 2023, 9:01 AM
April 02, 2013, 7:24 AM